Get Your Hands On A REAL FELCO
FELCO means excellence, quality and durability in professional pruning and cutting tools. Over the past year unethical entities have produced and sold counterfeit FELCO tools to cheat consumers. That’s why FELCO is stepping up to support its customers who seek the highest quality products.
A counterfeit FELCO can look like the real thing but does not provide the quality and reliability of a real FELCO tool. These counterfeits are frequently sold online at retailers such as Amazon.com. These counterfeits are branded FELCO with the sole aim of deceiving the consumer. FELCO has decided to stand up for its customers. If you believe you have purchased a counterfeit FELCO product, learn below how FELCO will make it right.
FELCO is determined to do right by our customers, even when other sites who sold the counterfeits won’t. Think you may have a counterfeit? Sign up to learn more. Our team is ready to work with you.
- FELCO blades are always attached to handles by three pins and never with screws.
- FELCO hardware uses only hexagonal flathead screws.
- FELCO tools always have a clear, fine, deep stamped logo into the aluminum handles.
- FELCO thumb catches have a compact specific design, they are tightly fastened to the handle and never touch the red grip.
- FELCO red plastic grips are precisely applied to the aluminum handles. The grips cannot be peeled back by hand.
- Counterfeit blades are often attached with a screw on the inside of the blade.
- Counterfeit hardware is not precision cut, has a poor, rough finish and often uses round Philips head screws.
- Counterfeit logos are often laser cut, thick, unaligned and contain spelling mistakes (i.e. ELCO, FILCO, etc.)
- Counterfeits often have large, loose thumb catches that touch the red grip.
- Counterfeit grips often have gaps between the metal handle and the plastic grips. These grips can be peeled back by hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is FELCO taking on this issue?
The highest quality tools are a joy to use and give owners pride and comfort in knowing they will last a lifetime. If you tried to invest in a FELCO, you deserve the real thing and we don’t want you to be disappointed. Getting you a real FELCO is just part of how we serve our customers and earn their loyalty.
How can I tell if I purchased a counterfeit FELCO?
A real FELCO tool is precise and durable. To see the key points of comparison, click here.
What will I receive from sending back my counterfeit tool?
If our team determines that you do have a counterfeit FELCO, we will ship you a genuine FELCO tool at no charge to you! If what you sent us is a genuine FELCO, we will service the tool and return it back to you clean and ready for a lifetime of use, also at no charge to you!
How long will it take?
Please allow for up to 3-4 weeks to process your request.
Do I have to pay for shipping my counterfeit to FELCO?
No you do not. When you submit all the required information to notify us of your counterfeit purchase, you will automatically receive a free return shipping label. Just print, tape to your package, and send your counterfeit to us.
I was sold a knockoff FELCO with similar branding under a different company name. Can I report it through this program?
This program is only for reporting counterfeit tools sold under FELCO branding.